Thursday, May 1, 2008

A total turn around..


Im back!! Its been some time since i wrote. Sorry for the absence because i was really busy with exams and house hunting. Why house hunting? Well, i was told as international students we would quite definitely get a place to stay on campus next year. But on Monday last week, i got a sms informing me that i won't be getting a place on campus. I was devastated. Real disappointed. I was houseless for next term. I panicked and sort to go out and find a house. Finding a house is not as straight forward cos thousands of other students are looking for houses as well. This news was all the more accompanied with extreme bad timing as i was in the midst of preparing for my exams. I was struggling with my revision too. What am i to do? God had other plans.

God miraculously provided a house for me and my friends. It is literally one in a hundred that you can get a house at this time of year that starts the lease in September. I actually had given up much hope of finding a house for September. I was even ready to pay 1 or 2 months of wasted rent. When we believe God always provides. We put down the deposit for the house on Wednesday. It sort of fits us perfectly as we will only be back in September and the agents have offered to negotiate an unlikely 10 month deal for us (most houses have a non negotiable 12 month contract). The house is also walking distance from University.

Exams also went more smoothly than expected. God really sustained me to be able to get through this period. I was able to focus and push on for the final exams. I have finished now. I still cant believe that i have finished 1st year of University.

But.. i think the thing that made my week was that Manchester United beat Barcelona to qualify for Champions League Final in Moscow!! woohooo... A fantastic game. When Scholes scored the goal, we were all screaming and celebrating for a good 2 minutes in a jam packed pub on campus. The feeling was indescribable. Only real football fans will be able to understand. At the final whistle, we were hugging, jumping and singing with each other in jubilation. We were congratulating each other with hugs n brother handshakes even though we din know each other. But we had one thing in common, we support Manchester United!! Come on now..

The amazing things is that God never ever short changes us and He even allows us to have some joy from things that we love. In this case, FOOTBALL!! Take a look at this

Last week i was..
1. Houseless
2. struggling with revision
3. Man Utd lost to Chelsea to lose a 3 point lead

This week i..
1. got a house
2. got pass exams quite smoothly
3. Man Utd beat Barcelona to reach final

How cool is that? God is truly faithful. I look back and i wonder why i ever worried about all this. Where was my faith? God has certainly brought me through this period yet again. God cares every single bit for us. Look to Him and trust him always.

Thank You Lord. Amen.

No comments: