Monday, February 16, 2009

Time to upgrade!


I was feeling down but not knowing the reason. I was feeling moody which was totally unlike me at all. I didn't know what was going on with me. Others realised it, and asked me how they can pray for me. I didn't know how to answer them because i genuinely do not know why. I just felt it. I cried out to God. It was a strange feeling because i didn't know what i was crying out about. But the following was my conversation with God.

God:' Isaac, why are you still using windows 95?'

*Wah, this hit me like a brick. I knew what it meant straight away. I have been living on my past. I have not been growing enough. I thought i was accomplished enough. I was in the mindset of mediocrity. I did stuff just enough to get by. One specific area i knew He was refering to me was in the studying of His Word.*

God:' Isaac, i want to teach you how to use Windows 2011. Ok?'

Isaac: *very excited* 'Yes, of course i want to learn. Teach me now!'

God:' Ok then, i will install it for you.'

*after a short pause*

God:' Sorry, i couldn't install because there wasn't enough memory. Too much junk. And you really need to update your anti-virus software.'

*I was speechless. This was a follow-up to His recent directions in asking me to FOCUS. I had too many things on my plate and needed to focus and prioritise on the things that matters most. I needed to clear out lots of the rubbish that i have been having. I need to free up memory for the new software.*

I think this is God's way of telling me that i need a renewing of my mind!

Every few years, we get a new handphone. Why? Because our old one broke or most of the time we felt the need to upgrade. There are new technologies and we want to keep up with times. Every few years, we get a new laptop or computer. Why? Because the old version is too slow. New softwares, hardwares and systems are available.

How often do we upgrade our spiritual system? Are we constantly updating our spiritual softwares? Are we keeping up with the spiritual times? Do we have the latest spiritual anti-virus software to protect our system?

Like everything else, we need to keep up to date with times. We need to constantly study the Word of God. We need to be up to date with God's move in His church locally, nationally and internationally. Renewing our mind. Changing from the old to new wineskin. Constantly listening to Him day by day, not get a word and feed on it for the next 1 year. We need a fresh Word from God every single day.

Lord, may my mind be renewed every single day or my life. May i be broken before you everyday. That i will be constantly aligned with Your will and purpose. That i may not stray from Your plan and Word. That my eyes will always be fixed and focus on You! This i pray Lord, Amen.

3 comments:

Serena Lim said...

Learn, Unlearn and Relearn.
"How can He fill our cup when we have already filled it to the fullest?"
Continue to walk righteously with Him. He is the best guide!!!

~StH3R~ said...

wow, excellent illustration ! wil be praying for you k brother =)

rendezvous@isaac said...

Serena: Yep, we need to release in order to receive..

Esther: Thanks!