Saturday, September 29, 2007

CAUGHT at the London tube

Finally im back to some sort of civilisation.. am at Herman's(Colin's younger brother) house in London. Came here on thursday after meeting up with Ryan. We certainly had a great time catching up and spending time at his cousin aunty's place. It's always really nice to meet someone from your own town in another country.
Anyway, on Wednesday we were suppose to meet at Victoria ticket station. I was waiting at the tube(like lrt or mrt) ticket station while Ryan was waiting at the train ticket station. I was carry my bag pack and a hand carry while waiting at the counter. I also wore a black cap and was looking out for Ryan. Suddenly, 3 policemen walked up to me and pulled me to a corner. Here's the conversation. p-policeman, i-isaac

p: excuse sir could u pls tell me why are u standing here?
i: im actually waiting for a fren, we are suppose to meet here
p: can i have your ID pls and pls put your bags at that corner thank you
i: (puts bags down n smiles)
p: This is no offence sir but we are part of the anti-terrorism body and we will like to check your bag. Is there anything inside that will hurt me if i open it?
i: Errr... no
p:(checks bag while the other policeman calls some embassy or something to check my name)
p:Alright, pls fill in this form for me and all your particulars. dun worry no record will be kept.
i:(???? then why do i need to fill in my particulars)
p:Thank you for your patience, hope you enjoy London
i:Thank you

Well, i kept a copy of that particulars sheet cos it says British Police or something. Quite an interesting thing to happen on your first time on the London tube. Well, Ryan n i had a good laugh bout it.(Ryan has a 2nd part of the story i will let him tell that.. hehe..)
It's been really cold in London this few days. It rained the whole of yesterday so i had to stay home for the whole of yesterday. But it was rally nice to catch up with some ppl. Had a chat with a couple of my aunts back home. did a very onteresting conference call with mich, tien n ly. Mich was so excited bout the conference call cos we were all in 3 different countries. I think skype is just simply incredible.
Anyway, will be going to visit London today and going to Chinatown on sunday b4 heading back to Uni. Orientation will start on Monday and hopefully i can get everything into place as quickly as possible. Well miss u all back home.. i think yf is starting now... love ya

No comments: