Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bring the light of each day to the next and leave the darkness behind

pic from left:Alice, Serena, Joan and Mabel
Argh... i didn't realise that i have not posted for nearly 2 weeks.. well thats bad and i apologise.. i gotta make this sort of a habit and keep it going.. anyway.. i have been having a real busy weeks.. preparing for assignments, presentation, research, reading etc. When lectures start, work do pile up. I did my first group presentation on monday for my study skills module and suprisingly it went quite well. There were some positive responds from the class and i think our group has set some sort of standard as we were he first group.. hehe.. It's good to get one out of the way though.. that presentation was like part of our exam so hopefully the lecturer was kind..

I now realise that every single thing my dad said about university was true. READING and RESEARCH. There's just so much reading to do in preparation for class as well as after class. For the first time in my life i'm actually making good use of the library. The libraries here are huge and is updated every year with new books. This is what i call a REAL library not like those we have back home or at least in kluang. For my information and technology module, we have to design a webpage as one of our assignments. We tried it that day in the computer lab and it's just so cool. It's quite time consuming using that html stuff but it was great fun. I'm just wondering how my webpage will look like as i have not real thought about it. Any ideas?

There was also a major development in my self nourishment career here too. A few of us friends of the same course decided to cook together for dinner everyday and i happened to be the only guy among 4 girls. Strangely enough they have generously elected me as chief chef as i continue to develop my hidden talent of cooking.. hehe.. according to certain experts and researches my talent has some funny mechanismes and can only function in this country of England and not back in Malaysia. They said that the heat of Malaysian weather prevents the mechanismes in my body from functioning. Sadly, that means my beloved brothers and sisters in my homeland would not be able to taste my cooking. BUT... there is one way.. Get a plane ticket, fly here and taste the famous cooking of chef isaac!!(silence.... pin drops...) ok never mind..

On Saturday, the 4 girls and i went to central London for some sight seeing. Let me introduce you to this 4 lovely ladies. They are Serena and Mabel from Hong Kong, Joan and Alice from China and of course me. We went to visit Buckingham Palace and witnessed the royal march and band along with thousands of people who were crowding the entire gateway. I just cant bring myself to imagine the amount of people if the Queen was actually there. The crowd was just incredibly massive. We also went to the National Gallery at Trafalgar square. To many, visiting the National Gallery in London is a social and cultural obligation when visiting England. It was real fun as i got to see actual paintings of famous artist like Leonardo Da Vinci, Van Gogh, Monet, Raphael, Michelangelo etc. The oldest painting i saw was dated in the region of 1250 by some italian artist. These were paintings and artist that i have only heard of and seeing them with my own eyes were great. We had to make our way back to campus a little earlier to catch the rugby World Cup final which amazingly the girls with no prior knowledge of the game decided to tag along. As the match went on, i had to be the live commentator for them. All in all, i think they enjoyed the atmosphere at the bar more than anything. Watching at the bar is a total different experience which i really enjoyed. Let's just say that the day would have been perfect had England won.. sigh..

In this world, nothing's perfect. If it's perfect we wouldn't need God anymore. Many a times, we often look at the negatives in everything. The scenario:

Mum: How did exam go today?
Son: I didn't know how to do 5 questions, i tikam them all.

Familiar conversation? Have you said it before? I have.. The son could have said that he knew how to do the other 45 questions. Wouldn't it be more encouraging? We should look at the positives. Look on the bright side, appreciate the things that God has provided for us. We are not failures but victorious in Christ.


"Bring the light of each day to the next and leave the darkness behind." isaac

1 comment:

eunice said...

Chief chef...hidden talent...my talent has some funny mechanisms and can only function in this country of England and not back in Malaysia...

Whoa, Isaac is talking!!! Come back here and cooketh for us, Mr Lee =)