Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Sheperd always takes care of his sheep

This past few days were great. Ryan came over to the University to stay with me for a couple of days during my orientation week. It was really fun to have a friend from home to be with you. Sometimes without even realising it, it actually helps you settle into a new environment much easier. Then on Friday we left for Ryan's aunt's house in Lewes. Lewes is a small town in the South of London which took us a good 2 hours to get there. Aunty Am(unc.Ven's sister) and Uncle Ian her husband were such lovely people. They certainly stuffed the both of us with such nice home cooked food. We spent the rest of the night watching this stupid but hilarious show caled Monty Python. It really felt like home.

The next day, we had lunch at a really nice restaurant called Bill's which serves one of the most delicious cake i have ever eaten. It's a bit like the chocolate banana cake you get at secret recipe but just imagine 10 times better. haha... mouth watering le... anyway.. the toast of the day was the rugby world cup match England vs Australia. The best thing is that England against all odds BEAT Australia 12-10. yoohoo... to top it up.. Manchester United also demolished Wigan 4-0 that very Saturday afternoon. ah.... What joy and excitement... In the evening we also enjoyed a delightful walk along the country side and witnessed some quite spectacular views.

It was certainly a weekend well spent with friends and 'family'. This was certainly my very last 'vacation' of sorts as classes start on Monday. As i reflect, God has truly been gracious to me for providing such friends. I find it quite incredible with God's timing of things. Of all times, Ryan was able to make the trip to the UK at about the same time as i would be coming. And because of his many relatives here, i am really blessed to have been able to meet them. These are gestures that can never be measured. With no relatives in the UK with the exception of one, i am suddenly somehow acquaited with the Nair family. With unc.Ven and A.Sze's flattering words i have miraculously being invited back to their houses in the near future. All my life i have been brought up in an environment that puts utmost priority in FAMILY. This was one of my greatest fear when not having a 'family' around. Lo and behold, God has provided one in the form of the Nair family where i truly felt at home. One thing I do know is that God has brought me to this country for a purpose-TO MOULD ME into His likeness. As a mother to her child, He leads me with such gentle kindness and doesn't throw me into the deep end all of a sudden. I recently read on Joyce's Blog. LET GO, LET GOD. If we don't let go of our worries and troubles how can we expect God to help us?


I cast all my cares upon You,
I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet,
And many times i don't know what to do,
I will cast all my cares upon You


This was a song that i heard since i was a child(ask paulus if you want the tune). God has brought me back to the basics once again. God doesn't short change us, but it's often that we do not trust Him enough.


"Lord, i would like to thank You once again for giving me this opportunity to be here. Thank You for providing for my needs when i sometimes fail to even realise. Thank You for being there for me always. I pray that I will continue to learn the Art of letting go and letting You. Thank You Lord. I Love You my Father. Amen."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bro, it was absolutely great being able to spend so much time with you in England.

It's quite amazing how things turned out! I wouldn't have expected Aunty Am to have invited you, but she did!

Once again, take care bro! Never forget that the Shepherd always takes care of His sheep. Amen